Thursday, August 15, 2019

Autumn Trees -


Is quilted - finally - ;))


I let it sit for almost a week because I lost my mojo -

I guess I ran out of gas tweaking it for what seemed like f.o.r.e.v.e.r. - LOL -

Anyway - I played with it this afternoon - to see how far I could go -

I didn't do anything fancy -

Just some loops and swirls to try to tack down the confetti -

And some of it seemed to have a life of its own -

No matter how I tried - some bits did NOT want to stay put - LOL - ;))


And it amazes me that the black tulle -

Is virtually invisible -

Unless you see it up close and personal - ;))


Noriko Endo - in her book - adds some highlights to the sides of the trees -

But I'm not that good yet -

And I don't want to mess it up -

So I think I'll pass on that step for this one -

I'll cut some binding tomorrow -

And see if I can get it bound and labeled in the next day or two -

I have some other Squirrels that I want to chase - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Barbara said...

It was worth every tweak! Put it in a place where it can be easily seen. It’s a beautiful conversation piece!

Gene Black said...

It looks good, but I think you should have tried the thread painting for highlights.

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful piece of art! Display where you can see it and ENJOY!

Sherry said...

It looks wonderful. Guess those leaves wanted to fall more than you did, eh?! LOL

Great job.

Rebecca said...

BBQ Squirrel...Squirrel soup...stir fry squirrel?
I bet we could find squirrels playing in those fallen leaves of your quilt.
So much fun to watch you make this.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'd say it is pretty amazing for your first try at this technique. The first time I laid black tulle over a piece I couldn't believe how much it enhanced the colors where the white actually dulled them.

Cindy Quilts said...

Very nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...