Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Plan B -


I changed my mind - to Plan B -

And then I changed it back again - LOL - ;))

Plan B was going to use the jelly roll by itself with the "regular" pattern -

Bento Box - HERE -

So I re-sorted the strips into pairs -

And was going to go from there -



I had decided that I didn't want to mess with trying to figure out how many strips would make how many blocks and then cut 2-1/2" strips in half lengthwise - and then match those to charm squares -

And BOB's wasn't in the mood to "just wing it" -

So I said to heck with it -

I was going to do it the way I KNEW would work -

And save the charm pack -

And the "winging it" -

For something else - LOL - ;))

But that was yesterday -

And after sleeping on it -

I changed my mind back again - to Plan A - ;))

I don't have that many matching jelly rolls and charm packs -

So if I'm going to try this new method -

It might as well be with this set -

I have no idea how it will work out -

But it DOES eliminate the "sewing stuff to the wrong side" -

And it makes 4 "quarters" at the same time -

So that might make it worth it -

And then I had a flash of brilliance - LOL -

Instead of trying to figure out how many strips would make how many blocks and then cut 2-1/2" strips in half lengthwise - and then match those to charm squares -

I decided to "reverse it" -

Start with the "charm squares" - and go from there -

The pack has 42 squares -

So I'll try to make 42 blocks - DUH!! -

I could get a 6 x 7 layout with 42 blocks - 60" x 70" -

Which is a decent size -

So I sorted the charm squares roughly into "darks" and "lights" -

And decided to use the gold ones on the "light" side -

So I could get 21 of each -



"Value" is relative -

So this might work -

But - if not - I can always change it up as I go along - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Gene Black said...

The trick is that only folks who work with value a lot OR the colorblind will realize that the "darker" lights are not "lights"

Sue said...

My rule of thumb is if it's noticeably lighter than the lightest dark, it's a light. Our quilts, our rules! 😁

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your division of darks and lights looks good. It is what you pair it with that makes it a light or a dark so the first strip added takes a little thought.

Jeanna said...

The black & white photo proves you've divided lights and darks according to the fabrics you are using and IT WORKS!

Julie Fukuda said...

My last quilt, the blocks were light on dark and dark on light. Some of my middle fabrics were used as either depending on what they were paired with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...