Friday, June 19, 2020

Plan C -


Before I got involved in my "testing" -

I had cut up a jelly roll and dug out some matching charm packs -

And changed from Plan B back to Plan A again - HERE -

Well - Plan A didn't work out -

I got the first round sewn on the first 10 LIGHT blocks -

And NOT one of them was the correct size -


Those dang PINKED edges did not want to play nicely -

And I wasn't about to sew the second round on and hope for the best -

So I un-sewed them all -


And re-sorted them -

For Plan C -


Churn Dash blocks -

Perfect for charm squares and strip sets -

And put the pieces for Block #1 up on the design wall -


It doesn't really make your eyes hurt if you see it up close - LOL -


And Block #2 -


Looks better up close, too -


Then I pressed two more to play with tomorrow -


These blocks are more "forgiving" -

So the PINKED edges shouldn't be a problem -

But I won't know until I decide on the "centers" -

And get a couple of them sewn together -

Then they will either work -

Or they won't -

And if they won't -

I'll have to come up with a Plan D - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

I like Plan C!

Gene Black said...

Churn dashes are a fun block. You could use a solid for the centers to give the eye a place to rest. (as they say when discussing art.)

Linda Swanekamp said...

The churn dashes look great. Don't, prety please, give up blogging!

Julie Fukuda said...

Not too fond of un-sewing, but plan C looks like a winner.

Jeanna said...

Loving the churn dash blocks. I haven't made a churn dash quilt...yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...