Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Test blocks -


Before I went too far -

I thought I should make a couple of test blocks -

With the VALUES - LIGHTS/DARKS - being "relative" -

Depending on what I put next to them - ;))

Here's #1 -

DARK Center - LIGHT Round 1 - DARK Round 2 -


Here's #2 -

LIGHT Center - DARK Round 1 - LIGHT Round 2 -


I didn't cut them into quarters -

But folded one in half and put it on top of the other one -

To give me a general idea of what two "half-blocks" would be like -

And it looks like it will work -


I'm not sure if I like this method better or not -

It doesn't seem to be any faster -

And the cutting is more fiddly -

But that's because I'm trying to adapt it to charms squares and strips -

One thing that does NOT help -

Is the PINKED edges on these pre-cuts -

They mess up the accuracy of my cutting AND my piecing -

So it's not going to be perfect -

No matter how hard I try -

The seams probably won't match very well -

But the colors are still pretty - LOL -

So I'll just keep on keepin' on -

And cut the rest of the sets tomorrow -

Unless I change my mind before then -

And decide to make something less fiddly - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

One thing I don't like about pre-cuts is those pinked edges. :( Your blocks look good though. And it's always fun to play!

Sherry said...

The pinked edges are why I don't purchase precut....well that and the fact that I have enough fabric to last the rest of my life! LOL

Your blocks look great....but I think I would prefer the first method...less chance of ruler slip and mis-cuts.

Great fabrics...keep up the good work.

Gene Black said...

It amazes me that manufacturers don't listen to the public about those edges. I hate the pinked edges too.

Your "darks/lights" seem to be working out well.

Frog Quilter said...

Ditto on the pinked edges. Hate them too.

Have fun playing.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think the fabric is going to work great in this style block. By the way my seams didn't always match after cutting quarters and making blocks either but the quilt is so busy and there is the illusion they are matching even when they are off a little.

Jeanna said...

The fabrics are working well together. I really like these colors, so elegant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...