Tuesday, January 18, 2022

A little cutting -

 
 
For my Antique Squirrel
 
First - some Squares-on-point using my die - 
 
 
A variety of "colors" and "neutrals" - 
 
Like the original - 

 
Then I cut some HST for the corners - 
 
Using my LEFT-EZE™ Rule

First layering a couple of 2" strips - 
 
And trimming the edge - 


 
Then placing the ruler with the BOTTOM of the strip on the 2" line - 
 
And the BLACK TRIANGLE at the TOP of the strip - 
 
Then cutting UP the LEFT side of the ruler - 
 
From BOTTOM LEFT to TOP RIGHT - 

 
Second cut - 
 
Rotating the ruler and placing the TOP of the strip on the 2" line -
 
And the BLACK TRIANGLE at the BOTTOM of the strip - 
 
Then cutting UP the LEFT side of the ruler - 

From BOTTOM to TOP -

 
I tend to make my second cut a smidge too big - 
 
So I just flip it around and trim it NOW - 
 
With ONE cut - 
 
Saving me the time it takes to "square it up" later - 
 
With several cuts -

 
Two sets - two deep -
 
 
And a basket of Squares-on-point -
 
And a basket of HST - 


 
All ready to sew -
 
Tomorrow - LOL -
 
I still need to cut a bunch more HST - 
 
And I need to cut some 1-1/2" strips -
 
For the "bar" sections -
 
But this is a pretty good start - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go- gotta sew - 
 
 

2 comments:

Barbara said...

“A pretty good start”, indeed! I would get dizzy trying to duplicate this one.

Gene Black said...

Yes it is a great start. I imagine you will be chain piecing those and have a new top very quickly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...