Saturday, January 29, 2022

Another experiment -

 
 
Was on the agenda today - 
 
To see if I could make a 6-1/2" version - 
 
Of the Square-in-a-Square unit - 
 
In a "different" way - 
 
And this one came out just right - 
 
 
My "different" way - 
 
Was to see if I could make the center square using my LEFT-EZE™ Rule
 
So yesterday I tried cutting the center square as a folded QST - 
 
But the whole "unit" came out a little too big -
 
And the strip size needed to cut it properly is an odd size -  

And not worth the time and/or trouble -
 
So today I cut the center square as a "regular" 4-3/4" square - 
 
And the experiment worked -
 
And it's not "different" at all - 

It's just the "regular" center square and corner HST way - LOL - 

After cutting the center square - 
 
I can use either my LEFT-EZE™ Rule
 
Or one of my dies for the corner HSTs - 
 
And the larger "version" of my Antique Squirrel
 
Could/would use 2-1/2" jelly roll strips for the bar units -
 
And no - I didn't plan on adding bigger blocks to the quilt -
 
I was going to make a larger version all by itself - 
 
And didn't think to combine them in one top - 
 
Until Gene mentioned it - 
 
It's not a bad idea -
 
I'm just not "there" yet - LOL -;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ha ha...... I am always coming up with ideas for quilts. Since I don't have time to make them all, I am happy to share.

Sue said...

You could play with it in EQ.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...