Thursday, January 26, 2012

Orca Bay - 1/26/12

I know everyone else working on Orca Bay is DONE -
But for those other SLOW POKE QUILTERS out there -
Who may not really LIKE string blocks -

Me NEITHER - they seem to take FOREVER if I do them one at a time -

So -

This is How I Do It -

Make a pile of squares -
Like I showed you before -
And it REALLY HELPS to have the strips sorted by LENGTH -
I just start with the longer ones and work my way down -

Stack them -
On the RIGHT -


Take one and press it open -


Flip it over to make sure I’m not short -
Give it another quick press -


Flip it back over and add it to the pile -
On the LEFT -



Over and over and over -
Until I only have one pile -

Then it’s back to the sewing machine -
For another round -


Oops!!
Another one for you to spot if you ever see this quilt in "real life" - ;))


Had a problem with my foot pedal “scooting” on me -
But I solved that pretty quickly -


And in no time at all -
I had 19 blocks all ready to trim up -


Thought I had 20 -
But I was one short -
Surprised??
I’m not. ;))

Now it’s on to the next batch -




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

7 comments:

Katie M. said...

I love Bonnie's quilts. I think she does really good 'mysteries'. I hate that the usually include all these strip blocks - I get bored easily with what I call tedium..... But that said - You Go Girl!

Margie said...

I am far from being done with Orca Bay. Guess I am just slow. Of course, there is always something else that interupts. Valentine projects, quilt clup assignmnets ... And I am not organized. I get bored doing one part and go to another.

Miranne said...

I had just started the first batch when I injured my back. It is still a long way to go before I can sit down and sew for any length of time - so you are not the only one. I am also a "leftie", by the way :o)

Katie said...

See...you're not the only one who isn't done with their Orca Bay, but since the hoopla of new clues and linkies is over, noone is talking much about it. But you're making great progress and those string blocks will be done before you know it.

Sue said...

lol You are NOT the only one not finished. There needs to be testing for quilting steroids I think....You are doing a great job. I'll be back to it again next week and posting about it. I am so much further behind than you! lolol

Angie in SoCal said...

I'm not done - I haven't even started! Cool way to do those strip blocks though. Thanks!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Way to go! I'll keep checking back to see the finish. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...