Friday, March 30, 2012

LHQSQ - Left-Handed Quilter's Sampler Quilt...


The latest craze in blogland -

Seems to be Sampler Blocks -

And the Sampler Quilts -

That you can make from them - ;))

So I played with some patches -

And I made some blocks -

And I’m going to make a Sampler Quilt -

Making it up as I go along -

Picking my own blocks -

Posting them in my own order -

And at my own pace -

S - L - O - W -

Starting with simple ones -

And getting progressively -

More complicated -

And I’m going to call it my -

Left-HandedQuilter’sSamplerQuiltandyoubetternotcopyitorIwillhollercopyrightinfringementlikesomeoneelseweknowjustkiddingalloftheblocksthatIammakingarebasicandclassicandpublicdomainandcanbefoundinabunchofbooksandIthinkthatquiltersthroughouthistoryarebynaturecopycatsandlovetocopyeverythingtheyseetryingtomakequiltpatternsoutoftilemosaicsandallmannerofotherthingsunderthesunandIwouldbehonoredifyouwouldfollowalongandmakeyourownversionofmysamplerquiltandwouldloveitifyoucalleditaLHQSQandlinkedbacktomyblogthankyouverymuch;))

LHQSQ for short - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

3 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Sounds like my kinda quilt.

Katie said...

Whew...a little squinting was required for that post... But I understand now you'd better be careful what fabrics you use because apparently THAT can also get you sued. (Kinda makes me want to go slap some people...) I look forward to seeing what you create. :)

Linda said...

That will be fun to watch. Probably from the sidelines though. I've already made my share of sampler quilts the first year I started to seriously quilt. I bet I did at least 7 or 8 BOMs those first two years. Have fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...