Did a review the other day on the
Quilter’s Rule™- Mini-Square - here -
And got a very nice comment from
Jim at Quilter’s Rule -
Jim C. Simons email@example.com
Jim C. Simons has left a new comment on your post "LHQ - Review - Ruler - Quilter's Rule (TM) - Mini-...":
Sorry to read you are unhappy with our ruler. You are of course right that it was made for a right handed person. Other folks make things specifically for left handed folks. And some people try to be everything for everybody. Quilter's Rule has satisfied the needs of quilters for over twenty five years. Perhaps you could visit our web site at QuiltersRule.com and find many other product which are not left or right handed. Jim at Quilter's Rule.
Jim makes some great points -
But - I want to clarify some things -
1. Sorry to read you are unhappy with our ruler. You are of course right that it was made for a right handed person.
I am not “unhappy” with their ruler -
I used that ruler for many, many years -
And “compensated” for its right-handedness -
Like all Left-Handed Quilters
Have to do when they are using right-handed products -
But when it came time to replace it -
I found one that suited me better -
Personal preference -
My opinion only -
2. Other folks make things specifically for left handed folks.
The “Other folks” that Jim refers to -
Sometimes make Left-Handed stuff -
But my experience has been that -
It is usually a Right-Handed person’s idea -
Of what a Left-Handed person wants/needs.
The classic example of that is Left-Handed scissors -
Correct me if I am wrong -
But the LH scissors that I have come across -
Reverse the handles -
But NOT the blades -
They are easier to hold - for a Lefty -
But the blades are BACKWARDS -
If anyone out there knows of a pair of scissors -
That is REALLY Left-Handed -
Please let me know.
3. And some people try to be everything for everybody.
When I read that -
Omnigrid® immediately came to mind -
Their rulers have numbers for both Left and Right-Handed quilters -
And are just too busy and too crowded and too hard for me to read -
Again - my personal opinion -
4. Quilter's Rule has satisfied the needs of quilters for over twenty five years. Perhaps you could visit our web site at QuiltersRule.com and find many other product (sic) which are not left or right handed. Jim at Quilter's Rule.
That is very true.
They have satisfied the needs of quilters for over twenty-five years.
And their web site has many products which are not left or right handed.
My review was on the Quilter’s Rule™- Mini-Square
And my personal experience -
And my personal opinion -
Is that this particular ruler is NOT one that I would recommend to another Left-Handed quilter.
That’s what a review is for -
I think - ;))
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -
- LEFT-EZE™ Rule
- LEFT-EZE™ Rule - Tutorials
- LEFT-EZE™ Rule - Size Chart
- LEFT-EZE™ Rule - Free Pattern & Tutorial
- LEFT-EZE™ Rule - Reviews/Testimonials
- About This Blog - And Me
- Quilt Journal
- QJ - Floral Applique
- Sudoku Quilts
- Studio Organization
- Fabric Storage Tips
- Left-Handed Quilting (LHQ) - Introduction
- LHQ - Basics
- LHQ - Rotary Cutting
- LHQ - Construction
- LHQ - Hand Sewing
- LHQ - Binding
- LHQ - Finishing The Quilt
- LHQSQ - LHQ Sampler Quilt
- Quilt-Along - LHQSQ 2.0