Thursday, September 14, 2017

I got a late start -


But I finally got the binding sewn to the Halloween Churn Dash -

Tomorrow I'll make the label and finish that part - ;))


I got sidetracked this morning watching YouTube videos -

What a great way to spend a VERY fast couple of hours - ;))

Here are some of the ones I watched -

Mc Tavishing - Free Motion Quilting
Katherine Vickery - Published Jul 16, 2013

She commented that she was Left-Handed and "ball point pens don't cooperate with me." Really??? To me, the way she holds her pencil is both interesting and awkward. I hold my pencil the same way a Right-Handed person holds theirs and have never had a problem with ball point pens or smearing. My mother was Right-Handed and insisted that there was NO reason I couldn't hold my pencil the same way she held hers - just pointing the "other" way - so I did. It was always funny when a client realized that I was Left-Handed - simply because they had never noticed before - ;))

And then I watched all three of these "Swirl" tutorials -
Along with a whole bunch more - listed on the side -

Quilters Apothecary
Jamie's Basic Swirl Part 1 of 3
Jamie Wallen - Published on Mar 9, 2014

Jamie's Basic Swirl Part 2 of 3
Jamie Wallen - Published on Mar 16, 2014

Jamie's Basic Swirl Part 3 of 3
Jamie Wallen - Published on Mar 23, 2014

Then before I knew it -

It was mid-afternoon and I hadn't sewn a stitch - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

YouTube can be dangerous that way. I love McTavishing on a quilt but I usually forget about it. It is a bit dense for some quilts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...