Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Took it all off -


Yup - I finished ALL of the unsewing last night - YAY!!

I put the old binding in a baggie - just in case I want to mess with it one of these days - take off all the little bits of thread - press it open - maybe use it in some "string" quilts - I sure don't want to use it for "binding" - it's too narrow - ;))


I had some more chores today - so I thought that after I finished them up - I would be able to re-press the quilt top. Gotta love that fusible batting!! Then I want/need to double check the edges and re-measure the trim line that I marked in this post. I think I have a bit too much "extra" in some areas - and that might have been part of my problem -


And then I will recut a new batch of binding - ;))

Anyway - I didn't get to it today -

Maybe tomorrow -

And maybe this time I'll it get to look better - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I have never tried fuseable batting... don't know if they even sell it here... Most of the binding I add is doubled and then folded to the back to be fastened down. I trim any place that is too thick at that time, but I like a bit of edge to make the binding kind of rounded so as to avoid a fold line that might be the first to wear.

Gene Black said...

I am not fond of the fusible batting. I found that (for me) it was more difficult to get fused on right to start with. There may be some tricks I need to learn.

I would consider that binding "bad blood" and throw it out. But that is a rare instance where I would toss fabric.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...