Sunday, January 28, 2018

Been busy -


Sunday - the "ribbon" Squirrel was set aside - to be finished - whenever - ;))

Monday - I played with my California State, Local, and District Sales and Use Tax Return . I don't know about where you live, but in California Out-of-state sales are not taxable - and those In-state are - with different rates applicable to the various counties and cities. Not only are "Sales" taxed - but certain purchases that are "Used" are also taxed. Keeping track of stuff like that is what I used to do - so that part was easy. "E-filing" for the first time as an "owner" was fun. I made it harder than it actually was when it "self-populated" the "District" sales that had to be allocated. I expected that number to be the amount AFTER deducting the sales not subject to tax - silly me. I decided to call them for a little help and clarification - sat back for the ten minute wait - and figured it out just as the "representative" picked up the phone. He verified that I did it correctly - YAY!! Bottom line - I owe them $4.00 - sure hope they don't spend it all in one place - ;))

Tuesday - I had a locksmith replace the lock on my mailbox because one of the keys was stolen. I had gone online and placed a "hold" on my mail until I could have the lock changed. I wasn't sure if I could have it changed myself or if I had to have the USPS do it - and the website said to call the local branch for assistance. I tried calling and couldn't get anyone to answer the phone. So after a couple of weeks, I tried it from the "other" side. I called the locksmith on Monday - worst that could happen was that they said they couldn't do it and that I had to contact the USPS - but they said they could - so I said OK - do it - ;))

After I realized my key had been stolen and placed the "hold" - I had asked my mail carrier to see if she could find out who was responsible for changing the lock - she couldn't get an answer either. The last time we talked - I told her - "You watch - this is what's going to happen - I'm going to find out that I could have changed the lock myself three weeks ago - and I'm going to do it - and then - within a week - the Post Office is going to replace the whole thing and give everybody new keys (because someone has stolen mail probably with a stolen master key) - and I will have wasted my money." And we both laughed - knowing that I was probably right - ;))

Wednesday - A friend came over and we put together one of her jigsaw puzzles - a CEACO 550-piece Puzzle Poster (24" x 18") by Marjolein Bastin. It usually makes for a very relaxing afternoon - but we both agreed that this one was harder than it looks and one that we never want to do again - ;))



Thursday - I was worn out. I only have so much energy these days - and I used most of it on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday - so I spent most of the day on the computer "surfing" - ;))

Friday - I updated some of my quilt labels to read 2018 instead of 2017 and reprinted a batch. Funny thing - I have used a particular brand of "sew-in" fabric sheets for inkjet printers for years. I have a package that says it had 10 in it - another with 7 - and another with 3. Same size of package - probably the same price - but fewer and fewer sheets included for the price. I'm sure the price per package didn't go up significantly - but the number of sheets IN the package for the same "price" has decreased - so, yeah - the price DID go up - A LOT - ;))

Saturday - I cut the labels apart and worked up a few of them - then the mail carrier delivered the mail that I had put on "hold" - and said "Good news - they're going to replace your lock on Wednesday." I told her - "That's great - but it's too late, I already did." Then I laughed and said - "I TOLD you that was going to happen!"- and we both cracked up. I should have waited ONE more week - ;))

Sunday - Today - and I was ready to SEW!!! - FINALLY!! -

I sewed the binding and label on the Christmas Blocks - 3x2 -



And cut the triangle corners for Pinwheel Polka Dot -


And Do You See What I See? -


I found the binding that I made for Five Stars Plus 5 - so added it to the basket with the bindings for Christmas Blocks - 6x6 and O Happy Christmas - those three need corner triangles cut and pressed - after I get them quilted -


Maybe this week I can actually get some of these bound and labeled -

And DONE - ;))

One last thing -

BOB keeps saying "But then again - it's probably just me - ;))"

And she found this blurb in the February 2018 issue of Reader's Digest
by (at)REBRAFSIM (DROPPED MIKE) -

A Personal Question -

Are there a lot of first-person singular objective pronouns,
or is it just me?

Too funny!! - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I see that your time has been a lot like mine - doing other stuff that is required for life and some alternate "enjoyment" time with a friend.
I am glad to see that you finally found that binding.

That final joke is funny to me, but I can see where many people would just go "Huh?"

Kathaleeny said...

You crack me up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...