Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Moving along -


At a snail's pace - but still moving along - ;))

The binding strips are all sewn end to end -


And the navy blue/white set is sewn together -


After dinner I'll finish the pink/white set -


Which will leave the green/gold set -

But before I sew that -

I think I'll measure my O Happy Christmas and cut more strips to make the binding for that one as well. The green and gold fabrics work for that, too -
and if I cut/make it now - it will be one less set that I will have to make later - ;))


Then I think I'll check the rest of the sandwiches in the "to be quilted" pile to see if I can find something suitable to use for binding. Might as well get the whole pile ready to go - I have to do it eventually and it will be one less "chore" to do after I do the FUN Free-Motion Quilting part.

When I get to the binding stage, I still have the corner triangles/hanging sleeve, the label, and the scrapbook page to do. That stuff takes as much if not more time than it takes to "quilt" it. I usually stall out when I get to making the backing - then again when I get to the binding.

Piecing the quilt top and Free-Motion Quilting tie for my favorite part - the other parts of making a quilt are more like "chores" that I have to do before I can "play" -

And the fewer "chores" I have to do -

The more time I have to PLAY - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Prep work is always a plus when it is done while you are "on a roll." If I can just grab the pieces and sit and finish - it is much easier for me.

Julie Fukuda said...

I think the machine quilting would be the least fun for me ... as I could never get a machine to do my bidding. The piecing part is my favourite because I can do it anywhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...