Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Border prep -


The borders on my Pinwheel Polka Dot seem to want something curvy in them -

To go along with the curvy stuff that I already quilted in the blocks -

And since the "Lazy 8s" don't show that well on the pink/green blocks -

And I could use more practice -

I decided to add them in the border - ;)

I don't want to chop off the ends when I put on the binding so I stitched a "basting" line about 3/4" in from the edge - like a "do NOT cross this line" sort of reminder to myself. When I get on a roll, I might forget to watch how closely I get to the edge -


And if there is a bit too much room between the quilting and the binding when I get that far - I can always stitch an "echo" line to fill in the space.

So MANY possibilities.

The stitched guideline is about all of the sewing I got done today - spent some time knitting and some more time at the eye doctor for a check-up. Good news - there is nothing to fix - YAY!! - See him again next year - ;))

2018 seems to be starting off on the right a good foot - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love the pinks and the quilting. I need to get better at this too.

Gene Black said...

Ah, yes. Places where the quilting won't show as well are great places to practice designs. I wonder if my lazy eights will always need practice. LOL.
Starting on the correct foot is always a good thing.

Julie Fukuda said...

It seems the fire threat has passed. (only thing we get on the news these days is trump) I'm so glad to see you back to your projects ... and learning how to jump through new hoops. Blessings for the new year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...