Saturday, January 5, 2019

New toys -

From Santa -

A ruler foot that will fit all of my sewing machines -

A sampler set of rulers -


And a new book - Braided Bargello Quilts by Ruth Ann Berry - ;))


I've already read the book from cover to cover -

And I played with the ruler foot a little -

But I didn't get very far because I took a break to FMQ the Christmas Block Table Topper 6 x 6 -

I love the look of the "curved crosshatch" -

Or - at least - what it's "supposed" to look like - LOL -


So - now that that top is quilted and I'm technically "between" projects -

I want to play with the rulers some more -

Especially now that I see that Gene has been playing his new ruler foot and ruler -

And he's having way too much fun - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hang in there! You can master ruler quilting. Be sure you put that "gripper" stuff on the bottom of the ruler. It makes a huge difference.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I had the heart bargello quilt book years ago and made a queen size heart bargello quilt out of batiks, which is the only quilt I own for my bed. It was so difficult and precision nerve racking, I sold the book to get it out of my house. Hope you have a much better time. I do love that quilt, but making it made me nuts.

Jeanna said...

I have the ruler foot for my machine but haven't tried it yet. I told Gene that I'll need to take a class at my local shop if I decide to use it. I don't know if I'm coordinated enough to manage all those moving parts...LOL.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...