Tuesday, January 15, 2019

What colors -


Do I want to use in my Quilt-Along LHQSQ 2.0 - ? -

Hmmm - decisions - decisions - ;))

I started with this beautiful Cornflower Blue that I had in my stash -
For the Border Blocks - Side Triangles - and Corners -


Then found this Light Gray -
For the Sashing - Cornerstones -


The Sampler Blocks will need a variety of light/medium/dark -
In two or three color families -

So I added a Scrap Bag pack of 12 - 1/4 yd cuts -
The values range from light to medium -
Some blues and grays - with a couple of greens - yellows - lavenders - mixed in -


But that looked a little boring -

So I added some ORANGE - light/medium/dark -


And then some scraps of PURPLE - light/medium/dark - just because - ;))


And some NAVY BLUE - because I want/need some more darks in the mix -


Then I realized that I had an ORANGE jelly roll -.
With some light/medium/dark -
So I substituted that for my yardage -


And then I found a GRAY jelly roll - light/medium/dark -

And one with a variety of NEUTRALS -
Almost forgot about the NEUTRALS -

Added them to my box - and now I have this -


And that should get me started - LOL - ;))

This is WAAAAY more fabric than I need - but I want to use my LEFT-EZE™ Rule and 2-1/2" strips for most of the "units" - and the jelly rolls are already cut - LOL.
I may find scraps that I want to use, too - and I reserve the right to make changes as I go along - so anything is fair game - ;))

First I'll play with the Border Blocks - Side Triangles - and Corners -

Get them cut - and up on the wall -

Then play with the Sashing - Cornerstones -

I'll post the piece count - cutting sizes - and other details later -

So - while I play with that -

You can be thinking about the colors you want to use in your Sampler Quilt - ;))

By the way - I added a tab at the top of my blog - Quilt-Along LHQSQ 2.0 -

All of the posts for this Quilt-Along will be listed there so that you can find them easily -

And so that those of you who are doing this "slow" can do the parts you miss along the way -

This will be a VERY leisurely Quilt-Along - with NO pressure - NO stress - ;))

And - before you ask -

When am I going to post the next part? -

I don't know yet -

I have to DO it first -

And I'm a S-L-O-W P-O-K-E Quilter -

So take your time thinking about your colors and/or choosing your fabrics -

It may not be until late February or early March -

Depending on how quickly I can get my taxes out to my accountant -

And how long it takes me to get some of this put together - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

I am good with doing this s-l-o-w. I have lots of things to do, so i won't need to rush this.
I do like your interesting collection of fabrics. I will probably fly by the seat of my pants on mine. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...