Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Another way to go -


Came to me last night in that twilight state of being half-awake and half-asleep -

When my brain wouldn't shut up and wanted to play "What if???" - ;))

Instead of removing one turquoise and one pink strip from each panel to eliminate the "doubles" at the ends when I make the "tube" -

What if??? -

I ADDED another turquoise strip BETWEEN the two matching turquoise ones -


And ADDED another pink strip BETWEEN the two matching pink ones -


That would save me having to "unsew" those loooooooooooong seams -

It would make the whole thing 4" longer -

The color run would switch back the other way -

And maybe even look like I planned it that way - LOL - ;))

I love it when I figure out another way to do something -

There is ALWAYS more than one way to do something - ;))

Then after I chose the "extra" strips - from a couple of other jelly rolls on hand -

I realized that the turquoise one is the same design as the pink "doubles" -


And the pink one is the same design as one of the yellows I used -

So maybe it WILL look like I planned it that way - LOL - ;))


Tomorrow I'll try to get the panels pressed - and the tubes made and cut -
(It's easier for me to press the panels BEFORE I make the tube - then I only have the very last seam to press)

But first I have to clear off the kitchen island -

AGAIN - LOL -

I don't know how it got so much stuff on it between yesterday when I laid out the panels and now when I have the extra strips sewn on and the two panels made -

Maybe it's a clutter magnet because it's the only flat surface in the house that rarely has stuff on it long-term - and it's the easiest/fastest to clear off when I need it for something - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Love it when a good idea appears. I think sometimes we think too hard so ideas don’t come out...

Gene Black said...

I think it is going to be lovely regardless. Those are just soft pretty colors.

Rebecca said...

Ahhhh... the twilight connection when the problem, project, quest is figured out and now all you have to do is remember it when you wake up.

Sherry said...

Sounds like a great solution. Can't wait to start seeing the quilt come together.

Katie said...

I think clutter magnets are a real thing. Not only does my cutting area have this problem, but also the dining room table. The table is the first flat surface through the door, and you can see evidence of it being a clutter magnet, as it seems to attract all the things in my hubby's pockets. The cutting area is more selective and often only attracts parts from quilt projects I should probably be working on... But I do like your idea to "fix" the matching strips. I'm interested to see how it all works out. Bargellos are something of a magical mystery to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...