Monday, July 1, 2019

Sunday's Squirrel -


I think Sunday is a great day to chase Squirrels -

So this Sunday I decided to chase the Summer Breeze strata Squirrel -


But first I had to find the pattern -

Which - of course - led to a bit of studio housekeeping -

Re-organizing some stuff so that I could find it later when I wanted/needed it -

And I finally found it - LOL - ;))

It's a pattern designed by Nancy Altsman for Black Cat Creations -

Called - I Used To Be a Layer Cake! -


It's available on their website - hard copy for $10.00 - HERE -
or download for $10.00 - HERE -

Or you could get it on Amazon for $11.75 - HERE - LOL - ;))

Anyway -

I remembered that the pattern had a jelly roll version for 40-strip jelly rolls -

And since I had several 20-strip jelly rolls in the Summer Breeze colors -

I figured that I could sew 2 sets to make a 40-strip panel -

And 2 more sets for a second panel - ;))

I thought then all I had to do was decide which way I wanted the bargello to go -

This way -


Or this way - among others - ;))


Silly me -

I forgot about the double pink that would be on one end of the tube -


And the double turquoise on the other end - ;))

Unless I decide to keep the doubles -

And have a wider band of those two colors -

One of each should be removed before I sew the strata into panels -

And the panels into tubes - ;))


Guess you could say -

I didn't really think this all the way through - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Karen M said...

This is going to be beautiful. Fun squirrel.

Sherry said...

Beautiful colors. They remind me of sherbet.

It is going to be a great looking quilt.

Gene Black said...

Oooh, that is tempting! I have a bargello kit that I need to work on some day. LOL.

Cindy Quilts said...

oooh, pretty!

Katie said...

Double strips would add interest. I say leave it be! Now I wanna play with your colors, darn it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...