Saturday, December 5, 2020

All pressed -

My Upstairs/Downstairs - Christmas Colors -
Strata are all pressed - 
And cut - 
The "left-overs" are in the basket to the right - 

The cut segments all ready for the next step - 

Which for me - is to sew the "tubes" - ;))

I know most people sew the strata into a "tube" and THEN cut it - 

But I fan-fold each strata in thirds on my strip die cutter - 

And they lie much flatter for me if I don't sew them into "tubes" first - 
I can stagger the strata seam lines and cut several strata at a time - 
The trade-off is that then I have to sew the "tubes" individually - 
But that's some no-brainer chain-piecing - so I don't mind - ;))
After I cut them - I sorted them into eight piles -
The same original 8 combinations - 30 segments per pile -
And peeled off the top 6 - in each pile - and "reversed" them - 
They will be the "first" column/segment for the 6 blocks - 
Since they are already "un-sewn" at the right spot - LOL - 
Tomorrow I'll chain-piece the other 24 segments in each set -
One right after the other - keeping each "set" separate - 

Then I can do the "un-sewing" part - 
That's always FUN for me - 
I like seeing how the blocks will come together - ;))
Stay tuned - 
Even though I used my "magic formula" - 
I'm never quite sure how these will come out - 
Sometimes it's a little bit of a surprise - LOL - ;))
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


Barbara said...

Looking wonderful! Surprises are always fun. 😄

Linda Swanekamp said...

Hmm, I think you lost me at cutting on the die cutter and sewing the tubes individually. Works for you.

Gene Black said...

Hmmm.... cutting the strips first -using a die cutter - and then sewing tubes just might be easier. I am less likely to be inaccurate on a short seam vs a longer one.

Barb said...

You are so organized....


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...