Thursday, May 12, 2022

U/D - Pastel Brights - Sorting Sets 5-6-7-8 -

 
 
The other day I showed how I sorted Sets 1-2-3-4 - 
 
We need four more sets - 

But we want the "mix" of the fabrics - 

To be a little different - 

So I sorted these a different way - 

===

SORTING SETS 5-6-7-8 - 

Taking two jelly rolls - 
Unroll them and lay them out - 
As they come off the roll - 
With the fold the right - 
The loose ends on the left - 
And the BLUE one on top -



 
So far - it's the same as before - 
 
But this time - 
 
Shift the two piles vertically - 

 
Then - taking the left pile -
 
"Deal" the strips like a deck of cards-
 
Into four piles - 1-2-3-4-

 
Take the next four - 
And add them to the piles - 1-2-3-4-

 
And the next four - 

 
And the next four -

 
And the last four from the first jelly roll - 

 
Do the same with the second jelly roll - 
 
Until all of the strips have been "dealt" out - 

 
Now - 
Re-arrange the strips in each pile - 
 
Both BLUE together - 
Both YELLOW together - 
Both GREEN together - 
Both PURPLE together - 
Both PINK together - 

 
When I did that last step - 
 
I realized that the BLUE and PINK in each SET - 
 
Showed up in the SAME sets as in the first four that we sorted before - 
 
I didn't want ANY duplicates - 
 
So I decided to mix up the PINK ones - 
 
Here's how I did it -
 
Take the PINK ones off pile #4 - and set them to the side - 

 
Then shift the PINK ones - from each pile - over one pile to the right - 

 
Then put the PINK ones that were set aside from pile #4 - on the first pile -

 
There - 
 
Four  new sets - 
 
Same colors - in the same order - 
BLUE-YELLOW-GREEN-PURPLE-PINK -
 
Different mix of fabrics - 
 
Number them 5-6-7-8 -




 
Put them in separate baggies - 

 
And add them to the basket or box - 


Yesterday - 

I showed how I sew the strata in each set -
 
How I cut them into segments - 
 
And how I sewed the tubes - and the blocks - 
 
When I get ALL of the blocks sewn - 
 
I'll show you how I do the layout -  ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Am I understanding correctly that you are using the same color layout, but that you are mixing up the patterns in each color?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...