Monday, March 5, 2012

Design Wall Monday - More Squirrels!


DESIGN WALL MONDAY - More Squirrels!
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===

Thought I might work on Orca Bay Bones -

While I was thinking about what fabrics -

I wanted to use/play with on

The Leisurely Wife Quilt-A-Long -

So I put some black and white blocks up on the wall -



But my design wall is next to my window -

And I like to keep the window open -

And it was windy -

And they all blew down - ;))

So I took that as a sign -

And made a Jelly Roll Race Quilt (#3) instead - ;))

If you have never heard of a JELLY ROLL RACE QUILT - watch the video - it's terrific!!

Strips sewn end to end -
I like to join them with straight seams -
It’s just easier for me -


Used a wastebasket -
To keep them off the floor -


But then I dumped them on the floor anyway -


‘cuz I needed the wastebasket -
To catch them as they were coming off the back end of the sewing machine -


Balanced it nicely on my desk -
And propped it up against the window -


And -

After a bit of mindless sewing -
I had this -

Ta Dah!

Jelly Roll Race Quilt #3 -


Now I can add it to my Stage 5 stuff -
Since it was never on the list -
In the first place - ;))

Stage 5.  Need Back - Sleeve - Binding - Label - etc.



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

4 comments:

marcella said...

Your jelly roll quilt is really cute. You just need two trash cans :-)

Editfolt said...

I really like this striped

Sue said...

Hee hee! I love the way you write your posts. Your black and white blocks look fabulous. Your jelly roll flimsy is looking good, too! That technique looks like a lot of fun. I found this in the back of a diary last night....when I was looking for a calender. It is..... www.JellyRollQuilters.com

Linda said...

LOL If that's a sign you may be destined to forever have bones laying around. hahaha

Grrrrrr! I hate this new verification crap! On my third try now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...