Saturday, June 4, 2011

QJ - SPRINGTIME - MYSTERY QUILT

QUILT JOURNAL
SPRINGTIME – MYSTERY QUILT

Machine Pieced
Machine Quilted by M
54" x 72"
Started – October 13, 2008
Top Completed – April 16, 2010
To M for Quilting - May 7, 2010

Pattern - Mystery Sampler
FAT QUARTER QUILTS
M’LISS EAY HAWLEY
©1999 THAT PATCHWORK PLACE

Quilt Pattern - Deb's Feathers

This quilt was made over a two year period - one set of blocks at a time.

I started with a beautiful set of fat quarters and took my time making the blocks - enjoying each and every step.

I laid out my blocks according to the diagram in the book - with a few variations.

I really liked how it turned out.




I had even more fun piecing the back of the quilt.  I used several solid colors from my stash - greens and pink - and left over blocks from the front.  This is one of those quilts where the back is almost as pretty as the front.  At least I think so!




3 comments:

Judee said...

Beautiful! Love it!

Rose said...

A beauty! I wish I could slow down and take my time, but I want everything done yesterday (and it shows). Did you do the FMQ? It is lovely.

Katie M. said...

Very pretty - I agree, the back is as pretty as the front.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...