Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Two Question Tuesday - 6/14/11

Two Question Tuesday – 6/14/11

Here's the deal - I really liked Mama M.'s Five Question Friday - but that's just too many questions for me.  So I'm going to do my version - and without the linky thingy.

I'll ask two questions and then give you my answers.  If you want to play - you can give me your answers in the comment section.  If you have a blog and would rather answer them there - just leave a link to your blog instead.  I don't know how to do the "Linky" thing like Mama M. yet - and to be honest - I would rather sew than find out - so I'll do it this way until I figure it out.
==========

First - as promised - I want to announce the WINNER of my 100th POST GIVEAWAY!!

The WINNER IS -  ROSE!!

CONGRATULATIONS, ROSE!!

She was the FIRST to comment on my 100th POST!!  (Check the link here.)**

In her original comment she asked for Scrap bags #7 - #8 - and #9 Folk Art.  But when I emailed her to tell her that she had won - and to confirm her choices before I actually mailed them to her - she changed her mind. 

But that's OK - the winner could choose whichever THREE she wanted!  

So - for her prize she chose -
  • #2 - Wintery Blues - Wintery blues and whites
  • #7 - Au Courant - French term for being up-to-date
  • #8 - Patriotic Style - Patriotic mix of colors and designs

Great choices, Rose - and they are IN THE MAIL!

ENJOY! - and I would love to see whatever you make with them - so let me know!

==========

Now for the
Two questions for you this Tuesday -

1. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
2. Is it the machine or the quilter?

==========

1. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
Dogs. Dogs usually stay on the ground (or sofa) – not on top of my quilts and other stuff.
I like that about them.

2. Is it the machine or the quilter?
Good question if I must say so myself. When the machine has an automatic stippling stitch and automatic stitch regulation – I would say that it is the machine. If the machine doesn’t have those features – then the quilter has to know what she is doing. I have tremendous respect for those quilters who can do their wonderful work without all of the automatic stuff. My machines don’t have any of those features – and I simply can’t compete with those who do.

==========

OK - your turn.


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

**P.S.
If you check the link - you will see that I published my post at 12:34PM on 6/12/11.

I only got four - count 'em - four comments!  I checked my stats before I posted my 100th POST - 52.  Then I checked my stats again after I received Rose's comment - 63.  So - if Rose was #63 - that leaves 10 hits with no comment!  You guys could have won!

5 comments:

Katie M. said...

1. I simply love animals but because DH is allergic, I am owned by a cute little Schnauzer. 2. Hard one to answer - As for creation of quilts - quilter! For quilting - quilter, also. The exception, in my opinion, is those who have long arms and used the computerized programs. Then I suppose they DO have to program the computer...... I have a Tin Lizzy, but all my quilting is free hand so when the quilt is quilted, good or bad - it's the quilter :-)

Rose said...

I prefer dogs, never have really bonded with cats well. Although, like with all babies, kittens are adorable.

I have a friend that has an old, bare bones machine with none of the extras. Her quilts are just beautiful and everything is precise. I have a modern machine with most of the bells and whistles and my quilts pale in comparison to hers. I would definitely say it is the quilter and not the machine.

Katie said...

1. cats, cats, cats, cats, cats. (dogs...bah...)

2. i don't think a stitch regulator is cheating - you still have to maintain control of your machine...but if you can hit start and walk away, well, that's just not fair!

Katie said...

ps I may have been one of those non-commenters because honestly, I don't need any more fabric! But thank you for the generosity!

Judee said...

1.I prefer cats. We don't have either now and we don't want to go through saying goodbye to any more. Hubby prefers dogs and we have dog friends in the neighborhood.
2. I think it is the quilter. Enough said.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...