Monday, June 20, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 6/20/11

Design Wall Monday - 6/20/11

So here’s what’s on my design wall today –

Well - it's kinda still on the pressing board - but close enough - 

Bits and pieces of a new project - Yeah - a new project!


I got tied up last week with trying to finish a bunch of "'other" stuff - NOT sewing stuff!

Yesterday I HAD TO SEW OR GO NUTS!!  (More nuts than I already am anyway.)

So - I started working on this -


This block is NOT my original design - it's from a quilt pattern designed by Lucy A. Fazely and Michael L. Burns that appeared in the December 2009 issue of Quilter's World.

I decided to Foundation Paper Piece the blocks - just because - so I worked it out on EQ7®.  I LOVE EQ7®

Anyway - I had printed out the foundations last week - and cut out some fabric - and then had set the whole mess aside while I tackled "other" stuff.

So - I was rolling right along - having a great old time -


When - I got to the end - and I was TWO sets short!!

OH CRAP!!

Not AGAIN!!

How did I do that??

I could have sworn I cut 32 of these things - 4 each for 8 blocks - that makes 32 - right?
Two batches of 16 - still 32 - right?

How did I come up short?

Who knows?

So - I dig out the fabrics - AGAIN - and cut TWO more sets.
(Another reason I ALWAYS buy more than I need - I can always put it back in my stash - but I HATE coming up short!)

I get the extra two sets cut - and then guess what?

Yup - sure enough - I FOUND the two missing ones!!
See them peeking out from under my little red tray?
I had put them under the tray so they wouldn't blow away!
Probably would have found them if they had!


Now I have TWO EXTRA SETS - and - now you know how I get my SCRAPS!!



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -


9 comments:

Sarah said...

I know what you mean when it's "sew or go nuts" - that was me last week. Have fun piecing, even if you are already making pieces for "another block" LOL

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful block! Yep, I think we all have that happen at times, I recently pieced some blocks from fabric out of my stash and was sure I got all the blocks.....used all the background fabric and guess what? I'm short one block. This went to the UFO pile for now.

marcella said...

Hilarious! I think the fastest way to find something is to replace it.

Nina Marie said...

Been there done that! 'nough said!

Deb said...

Happens to me all the time! I love that pattern, and have it, so I just printed it out. I LOVE their digital magazine. I wish they were ALL digital, or had the digital option. Anyway, cant wait to see it finished. I REALLY love those panels.
Deb

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LMAO! I do that too!

glen

Amy said...

LOL!
BOY, did I need that giggle! Thanks for the quilting (real-life) humor :0)

Judee said...

oooo...a new project...I am so jealous

AnnieO said...

I need my sewing time too!

New projects are always exciting. I started one yesterday :)

Glad you found the missing sets, lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...