Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Left-Handed Thimbles -

Yesterday I got a comment on a post -

That I wrote last February -

Last YEAR February -

Not last month - ;))

I have always moderated my comments -

So that I don’t miss any -

Especially on older posts -

Because you never know who is reading what -

Or what they may have to say - ;))

Anyway -

I got this email from Simon -
As a comment on my Thimbles post - HERE -

Simon said -
(Honest - ;))
simon condonMarch 12, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Ok - I just got asked by my girlfriend to find her a left handed thimble. After the initial laughing stopped I realised she was serious and we had a "discussion" about thimbles being symmetrical and not made for a certain hand. Could someone please confirm for me (and my girlfriend) that there is no such thing as a left handed thimble? Thank you - Simon.

I replied -
A Left-Handed QuilterMarch 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Simon - As far as I know, thimbles are neither Right-Handed nor Left-Handed. The ones that I have seen and used are symmetrical and can be used on either hand. BUT I may be wrong. If you like, I will pose your question on my blog and see if I can get more information for you - ;))

After I hit “Send” -

I realized that - of course -

Simon is a “no-reply commenter” -

So my response went to somewhere in la-la land -

But - I ask you -

Is there such a thing as a Left-Handed Thimble?

Simon and I would like to know - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I could be wrong too, but I don't think so!

Linda said...

But of course there is!! Proof....Take your thimble and put it on your finger of choice. Now look to see which hand you put it on. There! A Left-Handed Thimble!
hahaahaha
I think Simon said a lot of "stuff"! ;o)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

If there is - I'd like to see one - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You never know - he's probably joking - but there COULD be a thimble out there that has dimples on the end and only ONE side - and specifically designed for Lefties. He made me think about it - ;))

Katie M. said...

I have a hard time using thimbles, I actually have a small 'collection' and when I'm in thrift stores, I hunt out thimbles. I picked one up a couple years ago and it had been well used and still had the adhesive tape (or other sticky product) in it. When I put that thimble on, I swear it actually FIT! It's my 'go to' thimble, so maybe the answer is yes to the left handed thimble - IF it got 'broke in' by a left handed person and it fits YOU!! :-)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Good answer! - Good answer! - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...