Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Progress Report - 3/20/13

So I worked on my Easter Sudoku Quilt - ;))

After I had finished the blocks -

I realized that I had forgotten "Orange" -

In the mix of Easter egg colors -

So I fixed that with Orange cornerstones -

And got the sashes and cornerstones on -


Now to audition border fabrics -

The Orange in the middle is the cornerstone fabric -
So it really isn't a choice - ;))


My first choice was this Coral tone-on-tone -
But I didn’t have enough of it -


And I didn’t have enough of the Pink tone-on-tone either -


I had another pretty Pink -
But it was a little too light -


Then I thought that maybe -
I could try a “Grass” Green -
Gotta have some Easter “Grass” - ;))
But it clashed with the Turquoise -


Then I thought of a pastel Orange/Peach -
But it was too light -


So the winner is just a bit darker -
Orange Sherbet -


TAH DAH!!


Happy SPRING!!! - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Linda C said...

love the orange sherbet color for the border! What are you binding it with then? I would probably pick the cornerstone color but maybe you are running low there too?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda - I cut the cornerstones from a 10" square - so I really don't have enough left for the binding - but that is not to say that I don't have more of something else in the same color range that I could use - assuming that I ever get to the binding stage - haha - ;))

Linda said...

Oooo NICE! I think this one is my favorite. No wait.... The St Pats is my favorite. ;o) Ummmm wait..... ???
Oh and BTW ... good border choice.

Katie M. said...

Love the pop of orange in the corner stones and the border fabric just seems to bring it all together - super nice quilt

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda - these things are like potato chips - and I always like the newest one the best - I think - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Katie - it's funny how I forgot the Orange in the original mix but that oversight made it the perfect choice for the cornerstones and border. Makes me wonder if my subconscious knew where the Orange was supposed to go all along - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...