Monday, September 24, 2018

Another play day -


Today I turned the corner - literally -

And added a piece of batting to the next side - ;))


Before I started - I cut several more pieces at 10" wide -

And "whatever" length - after I straightened the ends - ;))

That seems to be a manageable size -

I can sit on my stool at the kitchen island -

And the whole piece is within easy reach for basting - ;))

I decided to not bother with pressing/fusing the batting in place -

Laying it down and smoothing it out seemed to work just fine -

And saved me a step -

So when I finished thread basting this piece of batting -

I looked for another piece to get me to the end of the row -

Where the orange scissors point to the "new" corner square - ;))


This piece was long enough - but would need trimming -


This piece - on the other hand - fit perfectly - ;))



When I turned the next corner - I found three pieces -


That - when placed side by side - fit perfectly - AGAIN - ;))


I just might be getting good at this -

Not fast -

But good - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

This is great. I can see using this as a way to baste for a more traditionally layered quilt also. Those odd chunks of batting get used in a quilt!
I am glad you found an easy place to work on it also.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...