Friday, September 21, 2018

More chores -


Took up most of my day -

Because a bunch of them didn't get done yesterday -

While I was "testing" -

So they just added to the ones I had to do today -

And by the time I finished messing with them -

I didn't feel like doing anything but pull out some batting scraps - ;))


Today I'm leaning toward using the "Cathedral Window" variation to finish this monster - first basting the batting down - then sewing the side seams and turning it inside out. The corners/seams would be neater and the "opening" would only affect one section of one "middle" seam. The seams could be sewn and trimmed - and it shouldn't be that hard to turn it inside out. That sounds easier than trying to topstitch all of the seams - which would probably wind up looking really good on one side and like total crap on the other side anyway - LOL - ;))

And this might be the perfect project to use up my batting scraps. Since I know where the "fold" lines will be - and I need to baste it - I might as well use up the bits and pieces. I can pretend that I'm putting a puzzle together and the final quilting will keep all of the pieces where they belong. Of course - all of that might change once I start doing it since larger pieces might be easier to handle - and a lot faster -

Then I found something else I wanted to do -

Eat a bunch of these -


And since I didn't want Cheetos dust all over my monster -

I decided to play with it tomorrow -

Or after I post this and wash my hands - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Chores aren't nearly as much fun as working on a project.

Katie said...

Sounds like you have a good plan! Ans don't you hate it that you cant quilt ans ear Cheetos? (I ran into this earlier this week...I should just stop buying them so they stop being a temptation!)

Katie said...

PS I think my phone thinks "and" is spelled "ans" now and I missed it until after I hit "publish." Damn smart phones!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...