Monday, September 10, 2018

Measure twice -


Or three times -

Or however many times it takes -

To make sure I don't come up short - ;))

Took the "column of color" -

And measured out the "extra" at the bottom for the backing -


Smoothed it out - and pinned the top section -


Measured out the "extra" at the top for the backing -


Drew a chalk line -

And measured it again - a couple more times -

Before I cut it - just in case - ;))


Then I cut two lengths of the gray "chunk" to match the column -

The center fold "fade" line on the gray yardage is really obvious on this side -


So I flipped it over to the "inside" - and it doesn't look as bad -

We pay for both sides of the fabric -

Might as well use the side that looks the best -


Then I pinned and sewed the right side panel on -

And pressed it open -

I still need to get the left side panel attached -

But - yeah - this is going to look just fine - ;))




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

That backing should be nice on the quilt. I have said it before, but I will repeat it "I love pieced backings"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...