Sunday, September 30, 2018

More Tiny Wonky Stars -


And a peek at the Autumn Squirrel - ;))

The Tiny Wonky Stars are fun but waste a lot of fabric - and take more time than they should - so I think I'll go back to making crumb blocks -

The Autumn Squirrel was going to be a surprise - but I changed my mind - I'll show you in a minute -

I pressed some creases in some crumbs for the star "legs" - which helped with placement and gave me a stitching line - but the trimming makes crumbs that are too small to use. If I'm going to use up my crumbs - I think they are more "useful" in crumb blocks with minimal waste -


Anyway - I made a bunch of star "legs" -


And the four new stars on the right - for a total of six -

I doubt that I'll make any more -

I think that I'll work up a layout for these and let it go at that -


My Autumn Squirrel isn't anything you haven't seen before - but I may get "creative" with the backing - we'll see how it goes -

I'm making some Upstairs/Downstairs blocks like I did before - HERE -

But this time using 2-1/2" strips - 5 x 5 - 10" finished blocks -

And only 9 blocks - 3 x 3 - so it should be about 30" x 30" -

I pulled 15 strips and should be able to get three blocks from each set of 5 strips -

So I left them folded and trimmed the selvages -


Then cut 14" off the right end -

Leaving me with the folded section in the middle - that - when unfolded - is a little over 14" -

Total of 3 sections of each strip to be mixed/matched in sets of 5 for the blocks -


Sorted them and sewed the sets of 5 -


Pressed the middle one OUT and the end ones IN -


Then sewed the "tubes" -


Tomorrow I'll cut them up -

And try to press my monster quilt so that I can get to the quilting part - ;))

By the way - if you don't hear from me for a couple of days at a time - in the next couple of months - don't worry - I've been posting daily since June - which - like the Tiny Wonky Stars - takes much more time than it really should - and I'm REALLY getting behind on some chores that need to be done before the end of the year -

And I'm running out of year - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

The autumn squirrel is interesting. We shall be watching to see how you get creative with the backing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...