Sunday, September 23, 2018

Play day -


After a little prep work - :))

I figured it might be easier to "match" the pieces if they had straight edges - LOL -

And if they were the same width -

Length wouldn't matter - I'd just go with the flow -

So I trimmed some batting pieces -


And started at the bottom LEFT corner where the "new" fold should be -


Smoothed it out and thread basted it with white thread until I ran out of strip - you can see the raspberry square with the yellow pin in the top right corner of the photo - that's the end of the row - and I'm about 5-1/2 patches short -


So I grabbed another piece and pinned it in place at the end temporarily while I messed with the "splice" -


I made a small clip where the two met -


Made sure to slip my cutting mat under the batting piece that I wanted to cut - between the batting and the quilt top - didn't want to accidentally cut the top - double checked that the mat extended past the batting at both the top and the bottom -


Then cut the batting -


Not bad for a first try -


But now that I've posted this and seen the photos - I'm going to try a different method tomorrow - might even be easier - ;))

So - one row down -

I probably could speed up the process somewhat -

But I was taking my time and enjoying the slow and easy pace -

I'm in no particular hurry -

And it was a whole lot more FUN than doing chores - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

No hurry is a good thing. (ha ha)
This is a good way to use up those batting scraps to make a quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...