Thursday, September 26, 2019

A slight adjustment


This afternoon - when I was looking for one particular Squirrel -

I heard this piece hollering at me -

"Pick me!! - Pick me!! - I want to be on the BACK of your potholders!!" - LOL -

So I made a slight adjustment -

And decided to use it for the backing on my potholders - ;))


It's a 1/4 yd cut - so it's 9" wide - and plenty big enough -

Then when I checked my drawer for "potholder parts" -

I found some Insul-Brite® that I had left over from last time -
Already cut in 8" squares -

So I checked my "potholder post" - HERE -

And sure enough - I made the last batch of potholders at 8" square -

So I made another slight adjustment -

And decided to make these 8" -

Using some of the YELLOW as border strips -

To bring them up to size -


But I only got this far before it was time for dinner - ;))


Oh - and the Squirrel that I was looking for that started it all? -

This "not-quite finished - but almost" quilt from a Craftsy FMQ class that I took a couple of years ago - Free-Motion Quilting Essentials - with Christina Cameli -

I really enjoyed the class - and I learned a lot -

I finished quilting all of the blocks -






And quilted all of the sashing strips -

But I still need to finish quilting the outer border areas -



Gene finished his - HERE -

And that was just the nudge I needed to dig mine out -

Now that the weather is getting cooler -

And I'm running out of year -

I thought it might be time to tackle -

All of the Squirrels on The Mountain To Be Quilted -

They are making a LOT of noise -

Hollering - My turn!! - My turn!! - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think we both learned a lot and increased our skills in Christina's class.

I had thought about upsizing the pot holders, also. But I don't think I mentioned it. I am glad you have them "on the run."

Linda Swanekamp said...

I bought the same class, but did not make the sample. I should go back and watch it again.

Frog Quilter said...

Your quilting looks great. Love your posts. They are a good eye opener in the morning.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your new potholder backing fabric. Now they will be terrific two sided beauties.

Sherry said...

I love the way your potholders are coming together. And just think, you are using up a lot of stuff to make useful items.

Of course, I would be worried about getting the potholders dirty. LOL

Love the quilting that you have done. . . looking forward to seeing how you tackle the borders.

Barbara said...

Beautiful FMQ! And I like what you did with the potholders. Too nice for kitchen use. Lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...