Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Back to school -


No - not me - not this time - LOL - ;))

My friend works for the school district - so it's that time of year again - when she asks me to hem her work pants - and I say - YES!! - She's special - so I don't mind -

But I had to set aside the Big Box of Magical Things - temporarily -

Before I did - I got this far -

Some big squares - and some little ones -





Sets of 2 big ones and 4 little ones -


A bunch of purple squares - both sizes -


Got some squares out of the triangles, too -


It might be hard to see on the dark foam -


But from the back of the die - you can see I can get quite a few squares from these pieces - and the extra bits can go in the "crumb" bin -


This bunch of scraps was really fun to cut up -


Lots of squares -




Even got one out of this funky little piece -



And then lots of little 1-1/2" squares - I need sets of 5 and sets of 4 -


Needed ONE more of this one - so I used my LEFT-EZE™ Rule to trim it -


Using the diagonal line and the 1-1/2" mark on the ruler -


Cut up and across - and if you're wondering if it comes out to 1-1/2" square without having a line drawn on the right side - for a square -


Yes - it does -
The "match point" is the point where the diagonal meets the 1-1/2" horizontal line -


More little squares - to be bagged in sets of 5 and sets of 4 -


I bagged up what I had - and set them aside -


To play with hemming these -


And now that they are all done -


I can play with something else tomorrow - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

What a good friend you are! I'm sure your friend appreciates that you hem her pants. Looks like you are having some fun with the Box of Magical Things. :)

Barbara said...

Beautiful fabrics, all! So organized! These should keep you busy for quite awhile.

Gene Black said...

Ha ha. I would far rather play with magical things than hem pants. The only person I do alterations for is my mom.

Sherry said...

Lucky friend you have!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...