Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday already -


This was certainly a fast week -

I spent most of the time doing "chores -
Those pesky little things like paying the bills - grocery shopping - laundry -
That refuse to do themselves - LOL - ;))

Anyway - I finally got around to playing with some bits and pieces -

And wondered how you guys press your HST -

After they are sewn -


#1 - Do you start at one corner and aim for the other one? -



#2 - Do you press down the middle of the seam? -


#3 - Or do you do it like I do -
And try to press it WITH the grain -
Starting in the middle of one straight side -
And aiming for the other straight edge? -




I know we all have our favorite methods of doing things -

But I think #3 keeps the "stretch" factor to a minimum -


So that's how I pressed all of the HST that I had cut and sewn -


And then I sorted through the baggie of blocks and block "parts" from the
Big Box of Magical Things -

And made some more piles -



Take a look at these 4-patches -


PERFECTLY matched seams -


And I really hated the thought of un-sewing all of those perfect seams -

But that YELLOW would be SO great as a SUN in a confetti quilt -

So I asked my friend if she would mind if I un-sewed them -
And she said that she didn't mind - they were mine to do whatever I wanted -
And that she thought the YELLOW would make a good sun, too -


So I un-sewed them - and added the solids to my confetti parts pile -


Then Wednesday -

My jigsaw puzzle friend came over and we put together this little itty bitty puzzle -
It only measures 9" by 7" - but it has 150 pieces - so those pieces are LITTLE -




It's Friday already -

AND it's Friday the 13th -

So - no chores today -

I REALLY want/need to SEW something!!!!!!!! - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am so itching to sew something. However, I photographed 120 quilts yesterday for our every third year quilt show. Now I have to crop the photos and print them out so I can figure out how to arrange them for the show. Thankfully, I have one other person to help me with this. So, no sewing for me.

Gene Black said...

I do something different to press my HSTs. I push one open with my fingers, sit the iron down on top of it -and leave it while I push the next one open. Then I repeat until they are all done.

Cindy Quilts said...

I press my HST like Gene!
Seems like you are having fun with the scraps!
Aren't those pesky chores frustrating?! I will be doing some of those today :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...