Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Almost there -


Thanks for all of the comments yesterday -

They made me realize that I don't NEED another placemat -

Or FOUR as one of you (Gene) suggested - LOL -

But I DO need some new potholders - ;))

So - how big is that blue scrap again? -

7" wide on this piece -


And how big is my favorite potholder? -

7" square -

GREAT!! - That'll work!! -


So - how big is one set of these guys when it gets all sewn together -


I don't know what I was thinking -

6" finished is 6-1/2" before I put the binding on -

And when I compared it to my favorite potholder -

It was close enough for me -


So I sewed up five sets of 4-patches - and used up 45 of the 49 - so that's good -

And have enough of the YELLOW scrap to back three of them -


And enough of the BLUE to back the other two -


Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow - LOL - ;))

And I better get a move on -

I saw another SQUIRREL- with CAPITAL letters -

That is making a LOT of noise -

And I'm getting bored with this one -

Can you tell? - LOL - ;))

Then - AFTER I sewed the 4-patches together -

I realized that a nine-patch of 4-patches -

Is the SAME as a four-patch of 9-patches - DUH!! -

I could/should have left the dang things as 9-patches -

It would have saved me a bunch of time -

IF I had been paying attention -

And not been distracted by this NEW SQUIRREL - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Sherry said...

LOL sounds like something I would have done. Pot holders are always a good thing.

Katie said...

This definitely sounds like a duh moment I would have. Good to know I'm not alone in my useless unsewing... And I'm curious to see the squirrel. I recently left an actual (stuffed) squirrel at a quilty friends house when I was caring for her cats while she was on vacation. Guess you gotta be careful who has keys to your house, not just what blogs you read!

Gene Black said...

LOL... you would think a "numbers person" would know that 9 x 4 is the same as 4 x 9 - wouldn't you?
Now you will have new potholders to handle those hot little squirrels.

Cindy Quilts said...

Those will be cute potholders!

Barbara said...

I don’t think you sound bored, rather you sound just a tad obsessed instead to get this one done. Lol. No worries, it will be worth it.

Julie Fukuda said...

Thinking of what my potholders go through, I would not use such pretty light colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...