Tuesday, September 24, 2019

More playing -


And all of the 4-patches are finally sewn together -


I even found some coordinating Extra-Wide Double-Fold Bias Tape to bind whatever it turns out to be -

And since my kitchen is blue and yellow -

I thought I might try to make some quick little potholders -

I have 49 of the 4-patches -


I like my potholders to be about 7" square -

But the 4-patches will finish at 2" -

So - a 2 x 2 layout would be 4" square - about the size of a coaster -

If I did a 3 x 3 - that would be 6" square - and that's too small -
but I could add a strip to two sides to make it a little bigger -

If I did a 4 x 4 - that would be 8" square - that's too big -
but I could un-sew some of the 4-patches to make it a little smaller -

So I could get them "just right" -

I sound a bit like Goldilocks - don't I? - LOL -


OR - maybe it's back to trying to make a baby quilt -

Let's see - a 6 x 8 layout would use 48 of the 49 4-patches -

That sounds good -

But that would only measure 12" x 16" -

And is more the size of a placemat than a baby quilt -

So maybe THAT'S what it wants to be when it grows up -

ONE placemat - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -




4 comments:

Barbara said...

These look great all laid out, in whatever they want to become! :) it was worth the effort.

Frog Quilter said...

You are all over the place deciding lol.

Gene Black said...

Hmmm. So maybe make four placemats - each using 1/4th of the 4-patches and using the coordinating fabric for the remainder of the "top" on each.

Sherry said...

I like the colors. Can't wait to see what they grow up to be.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...