Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Binding -


Both the Victoria and Albert Interweave (on the left) -

And the Dear William Interweave (on the right) -

Are quilted now -


And since they both have the same backing -

I figured they could both have the same binding - ;))

I already know that I want to use the backing fabric -

For the "main color" -

Since I have plenty of it -

And it would "match" -


But I want binding with a "flange" -

And I only want to make one BIG batch of binding -

So the "flange" has to work with both, too - ;))

The "flange" only took two auditions - so I was lucky -

The first was a YELLOW - that I forgot to photograph -

And it would "go" with both -

But I would need to sew it with YELLOW thread -

And - although that wouldn't matter on the Victoria and Albert one -

Since I quilted it with YELLOW thread -

The Dear William is quilted with GREEN thread to match the backing -

And I don't want YELLOW thread showing on the back of that one -

So - long story short - or not so short - LOL -

I chose a lighter GREEN for the "flange" -


Two shades of GREEN - should work with the darker GREEN thread -


And if not - too bad -

Nobody's going to look at it that closely anyway -

And I don't care if the thread color shows on the front -

The flange will be tiny -

And the GREEN thread will blend in nicely with the backing on BOTH -

That's my story and I'm sticking to it - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Barbara said...

Nice choices! I’d stick to it as well. It’s not so easy to just pop uptown for a different color thread in NJ these days?

Sherry said...

Yay for double duty fabrics and threads.

Interested to see how you do the flange...I recently saw a video about doing a two color binding that created a flange look without having to have a separate piece of fabric.

Keep up the momentum...I like to see what you are working on.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sometimes the decisions take more energy than the actual sewing. It will be great to have the quilts done.

Gene Black said...

Right now we are having to "improvise" with supplies at times. I like your choice.
I made binding for a quilt yesterday...I need to post about it.

Jeanna said...

All good choices! I haven't made binding with a flange yet. I do love the look though.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are going to have TWO finishes! Great binding choice.

Julie Fukuda said...

The green should look good with both. I want to see how they turn out, so don't forget that photograph.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...