Monday, April 20, 2020

Mask parts -


This batch has the top sewn to the inner part -
And needs the corners trimmed - then turned inside out -


This batch is tops waiting to be sewn to the "inner" part -


I had already pre-washed a bunch of fabric -

Then pressed it all -

And made a batch of "inner" parts while I waited for supplies -

Cutting and sewing in "batches" seems easier to me -

I can do one step several times -

Then move on to another step -

Rather than try to sew them one at a time -

From start to finish -

Besides -

When I get to the end -

I'll have a bunch of them done -

Not just one - LOL - ;))

For those of you who are interested -

The pattern that I'm using is from this video -



No elastic -
No pleats -
No fiddly parts -
Straight sewing -

My kind of pattern - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Sue said...

You're flying along!

Cindy Quilts said...

Yay for you making masks! I'm sure the recipients will appreciate them.

Gene Black said...

Wow. You will have a bunch of them done soon. Congrats on the fast progress.

Barbara said...

Thx for the video. I already made one for my husband since I just don’t go out. But I will make more, and this looks so much easier!

Katie said...

I used to be a assembly line sewer of all things. Your masks are like that. But lately, my attention span has been nil and I've adjusted my habits to be one block (or mask) at a time - mostly. I'm enjoying that method and the sense of accomplishment. I never thought I would. But I also see folks who were one-at-a-timers doing masks assembly line. Funny how a simple virus (that wreaks havoc with our society) can change us... But I may be doing assembly line masks here soon, since the hubby's work has everyone required to wear them. They're gonna go through a lot of disposables fast...and I know they are harder to use with glasses - required safety glasses... Time will tell. In the meantime, I'm just gonna watch your progress and cheer you on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...