Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Pressed -


After I pressed a couple -

I decided to add a short strip of bias tape at the top -

To hold the plastic coated tie - nose piece -

Instead of "sewing it in" on the inside of the filter pocket -

For two reasons -

#1 - If I fold the tie in half - and bend in the sharp ends - it seems to be sturdier -

#2 - With the pocket on the "outside" - it should be easier to remove for washing -

Or to replace it with a pipe cleaner - or whatever the wearer chooses - LOL - ;))


So then I added bias strips to two more -


Using black bias tape for the darker "guy" colors -


And put the first two "completed" masks in separate baggies -

With "instructions" and info on where to find the video showing how to put it on and take it off - I'll demonstrate that to the recipients - but they may give extras to family members - and they might want to "see for themselves" -

Plus I added a disclaimer that the mask will NOT prevent the wearer from contracting any sort of respiratory illness - as stated in the video -
that they may or may not watch - LOL - ;))


Muddling through making the first few has helped me come up with my own little "system" to get a few at a time through various stages and on to completion -

I certainly don't want to turn into a "factory" -

But I do plan to make several more -

And if I can do that more "efficiently" -

I figure that is a good thing - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Katie said...

The little pocket is a great idea! It also gives the wearer the option to not use the metal piece at all, which some might choose, depending on the fit.

Gene Black said...

That is a clever way of putting the the wire in. I could use that to add a wire into my masks - I need to pull out some more interesting art supplies and see if I can find wire to use.

Cindy Quilts said...

A great solution! And the stitching isn't noticeable. I like that you included instructions and a disclaimer. I'm sure the recipients will greatly appreciate the mask.

Barb said...

I love your masks....

Sue said...

They are looking great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...