Wednesday, February 10, 2021

A little quilting -

 
 
Seemed to make sense - 
 
Instead of starting another project - 
 
So I moved the sewing machine that I use for my Free-Motion Quilting - 
 
Back up against the design wall in my sewing room -
 
It had been backed up against my cutting table - 
 
To give me better access to the entire design wall - 
 
 
Then I applied my "scientific" method - 
 
To decide which quilts I wanted to quilt - 
 
 
The machine was already threaded with YELLOW thread - 
 
So I chose two quilts that would/could use YELLOW thread - LOL - 

 
The practice quilt from a Craftsy class that I took years ago - 

 
And a partially quilted one from before that - 

 
I had set the practice one aside again after I quilted some "pebbles" -
 
In one of the BLUE borders - 

 
So - since I need PRACTICE -
 
I tried to remember how to make spirals - 

 
And obviously need LOTS more PRACTICE - LOL -

 
Lucky for me - 
 
This practice quilt has LOTS of border areas - 
 
To use for practice - 
 
And I may need to use them ALL - 
 
Before I try to quilt the other one - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

 

5 comments:

Sue said...

Love your scientific method. 😉

Barbara said...

...and she also does FMQ! Pretty amazing.

Gene Black said...

I have to laugh at the method. I just use a lot of white or off-white thread for quilting. If I had a machine "just for quilting" that is what would almost always be on it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think the quilting looks funky fun. Who needs mattress quilting in a handmade quilt? Somehow changing thread color is always fun for me to audition new colors. I love looking through the thread drawers trying to come up with something that works, but not predictable.

Katie said...

As a scientist, I'm gonna have to call you out on that method! But I'm glad to see you're working towards finishing quilts. Might make me feel a little guilty, but not enough to keep sewing on the monster I started last week! Good luck with the swirls...I have a friend who can make the most beautiful, perfect feathers and use templates like a goddess, but cannot get the hang of swirls/spirals. Quilts herself into a corner every time, she claims. And then there's me...Queen Swirl... I look forward to seeing what you end up finishing. Or the squirrel you chase instead.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...