Sunday, July 18, 2021

Contemplating -

 
 
Something - 
 
Is different from staring at it - 
 
Right? - LOL - ;))
 
I spent a lot time today staring at contemplating this top - 
 
Wondering where to start -
 
And thinking about which "patterns/motifs" I wanted to stitch -  

 
 
Then I got sidetracked - 
 
And we finished the puzzle - 
 


 
And started a new one - 
 

There's no "name" on it other than the designer - 
 
Nancy Wernersbach - MB Puzzles - 
2000 piece - 

 
And we're missing a couple of the edge pieces - 

But they're in there somewhere - LOL - ;))

Tomorrow I'll try to actually stitch something on that UFO -
 
Starting in the section closest to the center - 

That has some "ditch quilting" around it - 

Then "make it up" as I go along -
 
And we'll see how that goes - LOL - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Making it up as you go will work! It gives you a chance to change things up if you don’t like the look you are getting. I’m doing that with my big quilt in progress, and its pleasing me more each time I work on it. Go for it!

Gene Black said...

Make it up as you go is my usual method. Unless the quilt is for something special. I love randomly changing motifs-either bunching them together or doing each block as a different design. It is like play time for me. (But it is still hard work.)

The new puzzle looks interesting.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just start with the ditch quilting stabilizing everything. Then listen to the quilt- does it want geometrics or organic? Large motifs or small? Or variety? The quilt always tells.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...