Thursday, July 22, 2021

Quilting -

 
 
Is FUN - 
 
If I can ever get that far - LOL - ;))
 
I finished the Free-Motion quilting on "No Rules" today - 
 
I did a big spiral in this block - 
 
 
Some swirls - 

 
A funky flower - 

 
More pebbles and swirls - 

 
A square spiral - 

 
Some "orange peel" in the little squares - 

 
And they are still awful - LOL -

 
Some grid lines in the top border of blue and yellow squares - 
Alternating directions - 

 
I left the wedge sections for last - 

 
They are the most fun to do - 
 
Because I get to adjust the scale of the design - 
 
From big to little or little to big depending on how the wedge goes - 
 
So I just PLAYED - and PLAYED -
 
And realized that I remembered more designs than I thought I would - 




 
The top is finally quilted - 
 
You can't see the texture in this photo - 

 
But you can see it on the back - 

 
I still need to bind it - 
 
But I have another basted quilt ready to go - 
 
So I can keep practicing - 
 
While I do other things - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

5 comments:

Sue said...

Love the spiral. Playing is a lot of fun.

Gene Black said...

Yes! Start right away on another one. Work on making that muscle memory stronger. it really does help. And your curves should start to get smoother as you go.

Barbara said...

I wish I could try this, but looking ahead to my king size quilt in progress makes it impossible for my hands. I don’t know how I will finish it off, but I won’t fret until the quilt itself is done. That is a ways off, but I’m committed since I bought the batting yesterday. Your FMQ is superb, Kitty! The curvy lines everywhere are amazing. Such flow!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, how all those designs pull together to make the top a quilt full of texture and breath! I just love how after quilting, the fabric is sculptural and dimensional. Great job at mixing it up and different scales.

Frog Quilter said...

Enjoy your beginnings because you WILL GET BETTER. They are all beautiful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...