Tuesday, July 27, 2021

The next one -

 
 
To be quilted is this one - 
 
I call it "Ladies" - 

And it goes back a long way -
 
All the way back to April 2011 - HERE -
 
 


That little patch on the bottom right is a scrap that I can use to check the tension without actually sewing on the quilt top (I learned that trick somewhere along the line - but it's been so long ago - I forget where - sorry)


 
I started with the vertical row of squares in the bottom right section - 
 
And chose a red thread - same as the ditch quilting -
 
And - believe it or not - it blends right in - 
 
 
It shows up on the black, of course - 
 
But not that much on the pink batik - 
 

Then I stitched the wonky 9-patches near the center - 

I did swirls in the light pink/orange patches - 

And a funky square-ish spiral in the purple ones - 

The swirls are not great - but fill the space - so I'll leave them as is - 

But I didn't like the spirals - so I "un-sewed" them - 

And will stitch something else in those patches tomorrow -


I stitched Lazy 8's or Wishbones in the long rectangle - 

But I didn't like them either - so I "un-sewed" them, too - 

Tomorrow I'll redo them and try to get them smaller and closer together - 


 
This is one of my favorite quilt tops - 

Definitely "improv" - LOL - 

And I've been hesitant to try to Free-Motion quilt it - 

But now is as good a time as any - 

I might as well - 

Just Do It - LOL - ;))
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I also like this one — a lot! 😁

Gene Black said...

I like that quilt top. You must have missed or ignored the lessons on never un-quilting unless the tension is bad. (ha ha) Of course if something really bothers me, I un-sew it too.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, I like what you unquilted. I think it went well with the fabric and quilt design. Sometimes you just have to come back later and look. When you are so close to the work for so long, everything looks bad and bothers me.

Sue said...

It looks great! As for the unfeeling- (in my best John Wayne impersonation) a quilter's gotta do, what a quilter's gotta do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...