Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Half-webbed -

 
 
My Blue Moon 16-patch - 
Pattern by Wanda S. Hanson -  Exuberant Color
You can find her EXCELLENT tutorial - HERE
 
Is almost half-webbed in this photo - 

 
Since I do my "Webbing with a twist"
 
This is the beginning of the last horizontal row - 
At the top of the quilt
 
 
And the beginning of the first vertical column on the right  - 
 

 
I sew the vertical columns last - 
 
The top of the quilt is automatically at the "top" - 
When I finish webbing the horizontal rows -
So it's easy to start sewing the vertical columns from right to left - 
 
For some reason -
The "other" way of webbing always seemed like I was sewing "sideways" -
This way - I'm sewing the final seams from top to bottom - 
The same way they will look in the "final" top - 
 
This is the beginning of the last vertical column - 

 
You can see that the weight of the quilt top is all on the left side - 
Supported by the desk and my ironing board - 
Which is permanently set up on the left side of my desk - 
 
I still need to press it all - 
 
Then I'll take the glamour shots - 
 
So stay tuned - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


4 comments:

Sue said...

Your webbing with a twist is such a good idea. The pics are lovely eye candy.

Barbara said...

Looking forward to glamour!

Gene Black said...

I really like having the support (ironing board) at the left side so the weight doesn't drag and distort the stitches.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is going great guns. It will be marvelous when all sewn up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...