Monday, July 19, 2021

Jump right in -

 
 
The water's fine - LOL - ;))
 
My "No Rules" quilt is a terrific practice piece -
 
For my Free-Motion Quilting -  
 
It has some wonky wedges - 

 
Some little squares - 
And plain rectangles and squares - 
 

Some wonky 9-patches - 

 
And some wonky 4-patches - 
 
 
I had already done all of the ditch quilting somewhere along the line - 

So I decided to start in the center with the plain rectangle - 
 
And the wonky wedges -

 
The plain rectangle was first - 
 
To get my feet wet - 
 
Since I figured that whatever I stitched there - 
 
Wouldn't show that much - 
 
And I just did simple lines back and forth - 
 
 
Then I did the wedge section - 
 
 
Lazy 8's or Wishbones in the white/blue floral -
 
Straight line zig-zags in the yellow/white polka dots - 
 
Loops in the navy - 
 
And Lazy 8's or Wishbones in the yellow - 
 
 
More loops in the print -
 
And straight line zig-zags in the yellow/white polka dot - 
 
And more loops in the print rectangle - 
 
 
The Lazy 8's or Wishbones show up nicely on the yellow - 

And the print hides my wobbly loops - LOL - ;))



 
I have no "plan" for the various sections - 
 
I had thought of doing one pattern/motif in each "type" of block - 
 
But it's more FUN to make it up as I go along - 
 
So that's the new "plan" -
 
I just have to be careful what I stitch in the navy - 
 
Because the yellow thread REALLY shows on that -
 
And I don't want to have to change my thread color - 
 
Just for those sections - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

3 comments:

Sue said...

Love a good "no plan" plan.

Gene Black said...

I love doing that kind of quilting. Then sometimes I make up a new motif to quilt as I am going. Some ar good some are kinda "oh well, on the whole quilt it will be okay." Ha ha

Katie said...

Hooray for quilting! Are you working up to something bigger? (By bigger, I mean less winging it/playful!) And I like the contrast of the thread on the blues, but totally understand how stressful getting a motif just right there can be! I'm sure you'll do fine and once it is done, it will all blend together and look just fine. (Particularly if you don't tell us where the errors are!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...