Sunday, July 25, 2021

More practice -

 
 
But first I had to fill in the lines - 
 
That I missed yesterday - 
 
It doesn't look bad from here - 
 
 
But you can see my wobbles up close - 

 
Oh, well - 
 
Moving on - LOL - 
 
I decided to try another "feather" in this green section - 
 


 
Then I remembered that I had some stencils in the closet - 
 
So I dug them out and sorted through them - 
 

 
And found a "Baptist Fan" - 
 
And "pounced" some powdered chalk over it - 
 


The problem was that my FMQ gloves rubbed off the chalk - 
 
Before I got to it - so I did them free-form - 
 
And they don't curve quite as much as they probably should - 
 
So let's just call them "organic" - OK? - LOL - 
 

 
Then I tried another curvy one - 

So - not too bad -
 
 
But it looked sort of "empty" - 
 
So I decided to try to "fill" it - 
 
 
 
I should have left it alone - LOL - 

Oh, well - 
 
Moving on - again - 
 
I have two more sections left on this quilt - 
 
And I'll play with them tomorrow - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

4 comments:

Barbara said...

No one looks up close. At least, not I. 😁

Gene Black said...

I had not thought of the issue of the gloves rubbing away the chalk. Of course I don't have those kind of stencils so I suppose I won't be trying that anyway.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I always have issues with pounced chalk, not good ones. I keep a newsprint pad next to the longarm and I draw some designs on it in sharpie to get ideas what might or might not work. If I get one I like, I repeat the design in three long widths of the pad. That usually gives me a better idea and puts the design in my brain. I use chalk to draw the lines and have to find and buy some more.

Sue said...

Pouncing can be a pain. Pppfffttt @ wobbles. Perfection is for machines.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...