Saturday, July 24, 2021

Two things -

 
 
First - 
 
Gene is trying something different -

And is having issues with his hosting provider -

For now his address is -  https://artbygene.blogspot.com/
 
If you can't find him at his usual address - ;))
 
==
 
Second - 
 
I marked another grid in another purple section - 
 
 
And - in case you think it's the same one I did yesterday - 
 
It's not - LOL - 

 
It doesn't look that bad from here - 

 
But compared to yesterday's section - 

 
This one looks a bit wonkier to me - 
 

And - now - looking at this photo - 
 
It seems that I missed a couple of "lines" - LOL - 
 
So I'll have to go back and add them in - 

And thanks to some of my friends - 

I'm not really bothered by my imperfections - 

My reply to some of yesterday's comments was -
THANKS!!  I guess I did want it to look perfect - but then it WOULD look like a machine did it!  THANKS for the reminder that the imperfections are what makes it look like a human quilted it and that "perfectly imperfect" is perfectly acceptable - ;))
I'm not entering any of my quilts in any "shows" anymore -
 
And I don't pay much attention to the quilt police - 
 
So my wonky Free-Motion quilting suits me just fine - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

A quilt quilted is always better than a top sitting in the closet in the dark. You were probably trying too hard on the last one, trying to make it better instead of letting muscle memory work its job. Or else you were just tired. I can't believe some of the wonky stuff that happens when I am overtired.

Gene Black said...

Thanks for the help. I am going to leave it alone today. Just to give everyone a chance to see my post.

Ha ha...it is easy to leave out some lines doing that design. At least you saw it now, not after the quilt was all finished.

Barbara said...

This is an epiphany! Accepting the best we can do and not submitting anything to crazy judging is, well, the best we can do! And, it’s appreciated far more than any blue ribbons.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...