Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Credit -

 
 
For the stunning border treatment -  

On my Harmonic Convergence  - 
From the book - Ricky Tims' Convergence Quilts
 
Should be given to Lynn Koolish - 
Berkeley, California -
 
She used it in her "Blue-Green Convergence" -
Shown in the "Gallery" photos of the book -
On page 36 - 

 
Of all of the border treatments shown by various quilters - 
Hers was and is my favorite - 

It looks far more complicated than it really is - 

And is my kind of border - LOL - ;))
 
After I found the photo credit - 

 
And started to sew together some strata - 
 
I like to sew strip #2 to strip #1 - and strip #5 to strip #4 -
For both strata in one set - 

 
Then sew strip #3 to strip #1/2 -
For both strata - 

 
Then sew strip #4/5 to strip #1/2/3 - 
For both strata - 
 
So when I finish that - 
 
Both of them are done - 
 
And - even if I get one out of order - 
 
Both strata in the set are identical - 

 
It's interesting how some strips - in the same jelly roll -
 
Are shorter than others -
 
And not by just a little - but sometimes by more than an inch -
 
I would think they would all be the same length - 
 
But then again - it's probably just me - LOL - ;))

 
On the puzzle front - 
 
I gave up on playing with the sky - 
 
My daughter played with the bottom section a bit more - 

 
While I played with some of the houses - 


This one is going to take us some time - LOL -

So I think I'll try to sew as much as I can -
 
To soothe my soul and save my sanity - 
 
Before I tackle any more of those 1000 pieces - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Since I have that book, I was pretty sure you were using the idea from one of those, even if it was not a conscious decision to do it.

I enjoy watching you with the Upstairs, Downstairs quilts. (maybe because then I don't have to make one.LOL)

Some of those puzzles can make you crazy. The one Mom and I are working on has a lot of blue sky, leaves on trees, and yellow tones on the ground. We have filled in a lot of the other stuff but those areas are the challenge. I need to take a photo of it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Hopefully, at retreat, I will sew the first Upstairs, downstairs together and then the strip sets of the batik. I will try your sewing method. I sewed 1 and 2, 3 and 4, then added 5 the first time I did the quilt because I could pin the 1-2 set to the 3-4 set and the 5 to the 3-4 set at the same time and chain sew the 2 matching strip sets. If this is not clear, blame it on the second shot that has blasted my head and body since Friday.

Barbara said...

Love the fabrics in your new project! Another beauty coming.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...