Sunday, March 21, 2021

Play day -

 
 
Starting with the backing for my Harmonic Convergence  - 
From the book - Ricky Tims' Convergence Quilts
 
I took the top off the wall - 
And then put it back up - with the seams facing me - 
So that I could put the backing chunks in the same place as on the front - 
 
I made the columns extra long so that I could adjust them up and down - 
Until I found a combination/placement that I liked - 
 
But - as you can see - I needed one more column in the center portion - 
 
 
So I sorted through the "scraps" -

 
And made another column - 
 
I still have to sew it all together - 
But it should be plenty big enough - 

 
And then - while I was at it - 
I cut some strips for the binding - 
 
I think I'll make a "flanged" binding with the GOLD "accent"/flange fabric -
And a scrappy mix of the batiks for the "main" fabric - 
 
The plan is to make the backing - and the binding -
Then put the top/back/binding in the "closet" with the rest of the tops -  

Until I find my Free-motion quilting mojo/muse - wherever she went - LOL -


Then - after dinner - we made more progress on the puzzle - 
 
 
We only have this little section in the lower left corner -

 
And this section in the top right corner -

 
And we're down to these few GREEN pieces - 
And the bowl of PINK pieces - 
So we should be able to finish it tomorrow -

 
And - because she's such a good girl - 
I have a couple more photos of Echo - 
 
Sorry - this one is a little blurry - 
I couldn't "re-take" it -  

 
Because she moved - 
And decided to go lay on her blanket on the couch - 

 
I think she was waiting for us to go back to the puzzle - 
 
So she could take a nap - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

The backing will be lovely. I like all of those fabrics.

Katie said...

Naps are good! Hooray for making the back. You're one step closer to summoning your free motion mojo. (If you find yours, can you see if mine is there, too? I've got some stuff to get done!) It's such a gorgeous quilt, with beautiful fabrics, I would think your mojo would be itching to get going. Ah well, such is life. In the meantime, puzzles and naps and a sweet puppy will have to do!

Barbara said...

Hehe, I tried to follow your steps and understand your plan. Guess I need more coffee! I ended up just liking the fabrics. It will be great! Now, Echo is something I can relate to and totally understand. He is a beauty, I’m sure he's very easy to love! Great puzzling!

Sue said...

Echo has the right idea about naps. Great progress on the puzzle. Love the backing fabric. When your mojo comes back, you'll be ready to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...