Thursday, December 8, 2022

Measure twice -

 
 
Cut once - 
 
"They" say - 
 
And I thought that I did that when I cut the GREEN backing fabric - 
 
For my binding - 
 
So I couldn't figure out how I came up so short that I needed to cut more - 
 
  
Then - last night -
 
In my half-awake/half-asleep mode -
 
I realized that I messed up! - 
 
I measured correctly - 
 
And I cut correctly - 
 
But  I did the MATH wrong! -
 
The strips were folded over when I measured them -
 
But I forgot to double the number when I did my calculations - DUH!! - 
 
So - I DO have enough strips for both quilts - 
 
Without having to cut more - 
 
Just like I thought! - 

I swear - my brain shorts out at the weirdest times - LOL - ;))
 

 
Anyway - after that revelation - 
 
I found some solid GREEN for the "flange" - 
 
And cut that into strips - 


 
Tomorrow I can sew all of those strips together -
 
And save the other ones for some "scrap" project down the line - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Sue said...

You were being efficient. 😉

Linda Swanekamp said...

The binding will look wonderful. So glad you have plenty.

Gene Black said...

Ha ha..... I usually mess up the other way and NEED more and don't have it. So, just be happy that you "messed up" the right way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...